Acne Treatment in Victoria BC - Glow Luxe Skin Care
- Target active acne
- Reduce pigmented (red) scaring
- Reduce inflammation
- Eliminate skin congestion
- IPL may be used to remove pigmented acne scarring.
- A new option, AC Dual from Venus Concept, consists of dual wave IPL in a 415nm (blue) wavelength and 630nm (red) wavelength delivered simultaneously to destroy bacteria, reduce inflammation, inhibit sebum production and support healing.
- Microdermabrasion should never be used on active acne breakouts, as this can irritate the skin, and spread the p.acnes bacteria around complicating the issue. Many acne products are sold via informercial as well, but these tend to offer short term results, while drying the skin or causing long term damage to skin quality.
- Skin suffering from acne, can also be quite sensitive or may have flakiness and excess oil at the same time. Choosing a gentle cleanser (not soap) can be very helpful in keeping the pores clean and reducing the likelyhood of bacteria creating inflammation. Although it can be tempting, never squeeze or "pop" a pimple as this may cause pitted scarring and damage to the skin's appearance. Avoid using home remedies such as toothpaste as a spot treatment, as this can cause a "burn" and pigmented scarring to occur.
- Never squeeze a deep pimple as it can lead to inflammation and scarring.
- Use a gentle (non abrasive) exfoliator to keep pores clear
- Common prescriptions by dermatologists are Accutane™ or antibiotics, but these should never be a first course of action. Accutane, (isotretinoin product) can cause miscarriages and deformities in unborn babies and so should not be taken while pregnant. Accutane may also increase your chance of developing diabetes, liver disease or heart disease in those that have a genetic disposition towards these disorders when used on an ongoing basis. Accutane can also cause an increase in sensitivity to sunlight as well as decreased night vision.
We have been treating acne for over 24 years, and understand each individuals unique needs and requirements. If you are suffering from acne, we always welcome your questions, and can provide information on effective ways to address your acne, to achieve clear, beautiful skin.