Laser Hair Removal Victoria BC
We are Victoria's laser hair removal experts, with thousands of treatments performed.
With over 14 years of laser hair removal experience, we know we can provide freedom from waxing and shaving. Schedule your free consultation to find out more. High quality treatments + competitive pricing in Victoria starting at $75 per session. Call 250.590.5459 for a complimentary consultation. ----Ask about our current promotions.
How does Palomar Medical laser hair removal work?
The Palomar handpiece emits pulses of energy into the hair follicles. The energy is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat which destroys the hair producing cells at the root. The treated follicles will no longer generate new hair growth.
Because we use a medical grade device, you get results. And because it is next generation, it is virtually pain free, does not require messy gels or anesthetics, and is extremely fast. You may actually look forward to your treatments!
What are Palomar laser hair removal treatments like?
Your treatment provider will move the handpiece over your skin, pulsing it over the follicles. Each pulse sends a beam of energy into the skin, resulting in a mild sensation indicating the follicles are being disabled. These treated follicles will not grow new hair.
Note: By targeting the hair follicle, and not the surrounding skin, we are able to reduce the pain, eliminate the need for anesthetic, and provide an extremely fast hair removal treatment.
What body areas can I have treated with laser?
Any area, except around the eyes. The upper lip, facial hair, neck, underarms, bikini line, legs, chest and back can all be treated. Brazilians and underarms are extremely popular. Say goodbye to the prickle of shaving regrowth, pain of waxing and ingrowns.
How many laser hair removal treatments are required?
Although the number of treatments may vary depending on the individual, hair colour, hormones, age, etc, most people will require between 4-10 treatments for best results.
At Glow Luxe, we use only Palomar medical equipment (A division of Cynosure Inc). Palomar pioneered permanent hair reduction (1990’s) after receiving the first FDA clearance for this procedure, and their light based devices set the industry standard all others are compared to, validated by Palomar’s strong patent position. Palomar’s devices are clinically proven to produce results in removing unwanted hair from all areas of the body…..with greater comfort and no downtime.
How should I prepare for treatment?
- First, an initial consultation must be performed to assess suitability.
- No sun exposure (tanning) or self tan should be present.
- No waxing, plucking or bleaching 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- The area may be shaved up to the day before the treatment. (Shaving does not cause new hair growth)
- An SPF 30 (or more) should be applied to areas being considered for treatment.
What should I expect after treatment?
Immediately after treatment you may experience a mild sunburn like sensation. This usually lasts 2 – 24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs. The treated hair may continue to appear for 7 – 30 days post treatment. This is not new hair growth, but treated hair being expelled from the body.
At any given time, some of your hair is not in a phase of active growth. More than one treatment is required, to target hair follicles as they enter their growth phase.
something you should know………
- Ingrown Hair? Laser is a great solution.
- “Burning” the skin, is not a normal part of the hair removal process, and indicates over treatment or lack of due diligence, which could result in permanent skin damage. We use only optimum energy levels to destroy the hair, leaving the surrounding skin tissue relatively untouched.
- Some companies promote “cold laser” as a form of laser hair removal. It is not effective for this purpose.
- IPL and Lasers are approved by health Canada for “permanent hair reduction.”
- Light based treatments are not effective for blonde or white/grey hair as there is no pigmentation to target. Use caution if told otherwise as your results will be poor.
- Health Canada has only approved the term “permanent hair removal” for electrolysis.
- 6 questions to ask at your laser hair removal consultation
Although both Laser Hair Removal and IPL Hair Removal use light to cause thermal damage to the hair follicle, there are big differences. IPL uses specific wavelengths of light that are optimum for absorption by the melanin pigmentation in the hair, yet at the same time minimizing the trauma to the skin. IPL differs from laser by being able to deliver greater energy at optimum wavelengths while causing less damage to the skin. It can be safely used even on dark toned skins.
- See laser hair removal myths…busted!
- An added benefit of IPL is a clearing of pigmentation, as well as capillaries in the treated area.
At Glow Luxe Skin Care, we have safely performed thousands of hair removal treatments, we guarantee an effective and pleasant experience...you may even look forward to your treatment!
Pricing will vary depending on area(s) treated. Book your free consultation today!